PDA

View Full Version : Where is the A-coil located on the E-46?

Danny
01-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Hello,

In looking through the forum and comparing what I have on my plow truck I am unable to find the A-coil.

I suspect the coil is the one at the bottom back of the hydraulic unit, the one with the ram that moves the chain. It is the only one area on the ram with a black wire going to it. Am I correct?

I am not finding a photo of this particular unit on this site and the ones I have do not have URLs attached so I am also unable to post my set up.

It was given to me ages ago and until several days ago worked very well.

As it sits now it is not going up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Danny

admin
01-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Yes, the A Coil is the small one on the back of the unit. It is in the same location and is the same part on the E-46, E-47, and E-57. It is the same part on the E-60 as well, but in a different location. The A Coil probably has nothing to do with it going up. A controls lower, and even if it is stuck open, the plow would try to go up, or go up some, then drop right back down. When the temp drops below 20° is when any water in the unit will start to freeze and cause problems. IF you did not change your fluid at the beginning of the season, bring the unit indoors (so any ice inside will melt) and drain it. IF the fluid is at all milky, it is most likely a freeze up that stopped it from raising.

If you do in fact have an E-46, it is the ONLY Valve on the unit because the E-46 is NOT power angle, so it does not even have a PA Block on the side with the B and C Valves. IF it does have a PA Block on the side, it is now an E-47. You can find identification pictures on one of my other sites:

http://www.meyerplows.info/meyer-plow-pump-identification.html

~Admin