Thread: Classic mount and E60

Classic mount and E60

Looking at this 8ft Meyer. Want to put it on my 83 k20 that already has the classic mount with e47 plow on it. Any reason why this plow and E60 pump won't fit on my truck?received_1965779503432892.jpgreceived_1841186295892214.jpg

It will fit no problem. Since they took the mount off with the Lift Frame still in it, I am guessing it is not going to come out easy (VERY common problem). You say "E-47 plow" but the E-47 is a pump. That said, IF you have an ST-7.5 on there now, you will definitely notice how much heavier the CP-8 Poly is.

ST-7.5 Moldboard & Black Iron - 400#
    CP-8 Moldboard and Black Iron - 572#

For reference, the C-8 (steel) Moldboard is 333# and the CP-8 (poly) is 408#. Yes, poly is heavier than steel. The ST-7.5 Moldboard is 252#.

~Admin

One other thought. The picture you put up is an EZ Classic. Back in 83, that truck would have had a Custom Classic or (later called) EZ Custom on it. The spacing of the ears on the A Frame may not match the Clevis on the truck. In that case we sell Ears for the A Frame, and we sell the Clevises on the mount. It would be easier to change the spacing on the Clevis rather than changing the spacing on the Ears.... BUT, the EZ Custom used a 39" A frame, and the EZ Classic uses a 34" A Frame, so at full angle the plow can hit the bumper. So if you actually have an EZ Classic, not a problem, if you have the EZ Custom, then it might be a problem.

~Admin
    Last edited by admin; 07-09-2018 at 04:22 PM.