Got this question via e mail.

Hoping for some help please I own a classic mount Myers plow ( purchased in 2003) mounted on a 1990 ford bronco , I just bought a 2007 Ford F-150 could and what would I need to switch over. Thank you B.
------------------------

Sorry B, there is no EZ Classic mount for the 2007 F-150. The last year for the EZ Classic F-150 was 2003. Meyer started killing the EZ Classic mounting system in 2002 starting with the new Dodge Ram 1500. They only offered an EZ Plus mount, same with the F-150 for 2004 they began to only offer the EZ Plus mount.

IF you walked through my door and asked about me installing a new plow, I would adhere to the following guidelines per Ford and Meyer Products:

Vehicle MUST have a GVWR of 8,200 lbs.

2004 (144.7" W.B 8' box) regular cab only, Heavy Duty optional service package 63A F150 4,300 lbs. front suspension as recommended by Ford Motor Company for snow plow applications.

2004 (163.7" W.B 8' box) super cab (NO SUPER CREW), Heavy Duty optional service package 63A F150 4,300 lbs. front suspension as recommended by Ford Motor Company for snow plow applications.

Due to weight restrictions on Front GAWR an ST-7.5 is the heaviest plow recommended on vehicles equipped with a 4,300 Front GAWR.

A ballast weight may be required to prevent front GAWR overloading. If required, ballast must be securely attached at least 24" BEHIND the rear axle.

Now it states 2004 because that is the first year of that particular body style, it applies to the 2007 as well, up to the last year of that run which was 2008.

In 2010 Ford moved he F-150 out of the Fleet and into the car line. They stopped considering it a "real" truck. They added electric assist power steering and banned plow installs. It took them until 2015 to offer a plow prep package again, and it has a ridiculous requirement of 1200 POUNDS of ballast in the bed when the plow is on. How can a regular person find 1200 pounds of ballast to secure 24" behind the rear axle in the bed? That is insane. It would have the be a 2' x 2' x 4' concrete block. Nothing else would be heavy enough. Any weight in the bed in front of the rear axle actually adds more weight to the front axle.

So in a nutshell, if you walked through my door looking for a plow for your truck I would not sell you one, because the 8,200 GVWR and 4,300 Front GAWR is like hens teeth. I have never seen one yet.

Ford, Dodge, and GM all use electric assist power steering on their 2014 & up 1/2 ton trucks. I am leery about installing any plow on any 1/2 ton trucks made after 2006 because they all sit too low in the front, and the suspensions are so weak they cannot handle a plow.

Hope the info helps.
----------------
~Admin